Please read these instructions carefully:
Your team will compete to acquire the most points. For proof of completion, all challenges must be published to Twitter with this hashtag:
Please also put your team hashtag (up to four characters, eg. #jets) on every tweet. All scoring will be from the Twitter search of #Comm327. If it’s not there, it’s not scored.
You are limited to mobile internet access from your handsets. No desktop web allowed. You MUST return by 9:00 p.m.
Challenge #1: Mad digital skillz:
- Take a team photo, post to Twitter (1 point)
- Post a tweet, get it retweeted by someone from outside of class by 2 p.m. (1 point)
- Shoot a short video, post it online, tweet it out (2 points) (Vertical video, -2 points)
- Record audio, post it online, tweet it out (2 points)
- Complete all four “Mad digital skillz” for a power-up of 2 points
Challenge #2: Digital in our daily lives:
- Find and shoot a photo of a QR code (not the one I gave you) (1 point)
- Show evidence of a Beacon in use (screenshot) (1 point)
- Shoot a photo of a mobile payment system at work (1 point)
- Capture a screenshot of a Foursquare recommendation by David K or David Kamerer (there are several close by). (2 points)
- Complete all four “digital in our daily lives” for a power-up of 2 points
Challenge #3: You + Google = Genius
- Go to this location and shoot a business sign: latitude= 41.898382 longitude= -87.625226 (1 point)
- Shoot a photo of the exterior of the old Playboy Club (1 point)
- One of Loyola’s WTC buildings was built by the IWAC. What is the IWAC? (1 point) In what year was the building completed? (1 point).
- Tirez un photo de quelque chose en Francais (1 point)
- Complete all four “You + Google” tasks for a power-up of 2 points
Bribe the judge:
- Square of chocolate (1 point)
- Coupon from Banana Republic, Uniqlo, Macy’s, TopShop or H&M (1 point)
- Return by 9 p.m. (add 1 point)
- Team with most retweets from someone not in the class (add 1 point)
- Return after 9 p.m. (deduct five points)
- You should be able to complete all challenges within a couple of blocks of class
- Work strategically; watch your time
- Have one team member monitor the competition
- You may split up but be sure you can stay in touch
- Your entire team must return by NO LATER than 9 p.m.